Wednesday 3 August 2011

Better late than never

I finally finished it! Woo!
Only 8 months late, or as some friends of mine optimistically put it, 4 months early. Unfortunately she knew it was coming, not what it was, but that it was, so its definitely in the late rather than early category. Which is a shame. I often do things like this. Good examples are my dad's jumper, and my brother's birthday present. Actually, that was quite special of me. 2 months it was finished, wrapped, parcelled, addressed, and sitting on my desk rather than being sent so it would arrive, oh I don't know, maybe on or near his birthday.
Another friend's parents tried to give my parents a Christmas card one year (for sake of argument rather than memory lets say 2008), by getting Emma to give it to me, and then me passing it on. That also took a ridiculously long time, to whit 11 months. Therefore, in November 2009 I managed to finally pass on the card, thinking "Yay, it will be early and not obvious at all that I fail really badly at delivering stuff!". Brilliantly, my equally absent-minded mother opened the card and was delighted, and it was left to my dad to point out that a) I was incompetent,  b) my mum was slightly blind, and c) that it was the end of November, so a little bit late to be wishing us all the best for 2009.....
It's probably a good job he noticed though. Otherwise, if he also was so absent-minded, we would as a family fail completely in life, rather than sporadically as we do now.

Anyway. It's done. I can now guilt free return to all the other weird and wonderful things I have plans for. And chart Barbossa. And do mathPGCE related things. And, well. Generally pay a bit more attention to my life.
Bit far-fetched perhaps, but worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment