Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Housemate Totoro

New year, new projects. 


One of my two New Years Resolutions (which do not really deserve the capitalisation they are receiving, but whatever) is to create at least 50 projects of varying descriptions this year.
I haven't totally decided if this counts as one project or three. 
It counts as 3 on Ravelry though. That should count for something, right?

My housemate is into anime. He likes Totoro. It made sense. 

It started out with the grey one. Also with quite a lot of me moaning at people who have more idea as to what makes the perfect Totoro telling me that he had to be grey when I wanted to use a more exciting colour. Like not-grey.


Then I found out that in fact you ARE allowed not-grey Totoros. They are blue, and small and - I really can't stress this enough - not grey. And cute. That too. So, clearly I needed to make a small blue Totoro as well. 






Since I am pretty lazy I actually found this out by looking at the other Totoro patterns available on Ravelry and discovering that the wonderous person who made the original big grey Totoro patterns had also made patterns for the whole family of Totoros. 


This is also where the little one came in. He is adorably small.
He fits on the big grey ones head. How cute is that? 












I'm getting better at this. His birthday was only 4 days ago. That's lots better.
Last time it was months late.

No comments:

Post a Comment